Monday, March 4, 2013

The lucky ones


Happy monday night! I've really missed blogging this week but life has been pretty hectic. Biggest thing that happened: I made The Knead cookbook's divine roast chicken and roast veggies. Not a huge achievement for most people- enough for me to spend a week telling everyone I know about it. Also this week; I spoke to one of my most favorite people on Skype after having not seen her for 2 months, I bought a new duvet, I braved the woolies sale (and hundreds of Indian women ramming each other with trolleys full of clothing) and I watched a rugby game at the shark tank (which was surprisingly not at all like it is on television).

  



 

I've put Lana del Rey's CD on permanently in my little car-which drives Graham insane- and so I know practically all the words to every song and am even more convinced that she is a genius. Or at the very least one of the most beautiful singers I have ever heard. 

Let's get out of this town, baby we're on fire 
Everyone around here seems to be going down, down, down 
If you stick with me, I can take you higher, and higher 
It feels like all of our friends are lost 
Nobody's found, found I got so scared, 
I thought no one could save me 
You came along, scooped me up like a baby 

Every now and then, the stars align 
Boy and girl meet by the great design 
Could it be that you and me are the lucky ones? 

Everybody told me love was blind 
Then I saw your face and you blew my mind 
Finally, you and me are the lucky ones this time