Thursday, March 28, 2013

Cold weather cravings

Happy Wednesday morning dear readers. It's poured for two days straight. Yesterday it was perfect weather for having lunch at a vintage tea shop with friends, getting my suede pumps thoroughly soaked running to the car, having a bath by candlelight, making pasta for dinner and watching a dvd in bed. But today, even though I have promised the husband I would start a gym contract and I have a million things to do, paintings to block-mount, pictures to develop and letters to write I cannot bring myself to get off the couch and out of my pajamas. I'm even too lazy to walk 10 steps in to the kitchen to make flapjacks (craving!).

   

As to dinner last night, the bacon carbonara worked out better than I had anticipated. Dicing bacon is surprisingly difficult and I have to figure out a way to make the sauce thicker (where on earth can I get double cream?) but Graham said it looked like something he expected to see in a magazine and then he three helpings. And I made pepperdews stuffed with cream cheese as a starter which was surprisingly good. I'm going to do a bit of baking later today though which will be wonderful.

 

Lastly for today (because I'm motivated enough now to at least have a shower) I want to thank you. All of you who read this blog, all of you who tell me that you're loving hearing how we're doing and that you wish I would write more often. I am actually writing this for you and so when you enjoy it I guess I'm doing a pretty good job. 
Oh and don't wait for me to post a link on Facebook or twitter (I don't always post the link on Facebook when I blog)- if you add and follow my blog you'll get automatic updates.  

Have a lovely wet (if you're in Durban) day x