Monday, November 5, 2012

This thing called love

Its been a crazy past week- a week of lasts, last lectures, last marriage counseling, first of the last exams. In-between we've had to try and fit in wedding things. Most happily this week: my wonderful bridesmaids made me a count down calendar to the wedding- we are now on 26 more sleeps!


Saturday we had a 50th birthday dinner for my dad at an art gallery [I got to introduce Graham to some of the people coming to the wedding]- we had 6 courses... It was pretty difficult to walk after that. Today after my exam I went to tea and talked weddings with Roxi- it is so incredibly awesome having someone close to you get married around the same time as you, it makes it much easier to share worries and fears and you don't feel too stupid when you realize that someone else is worrying about the same things.


[today Graham got me an exam present consisting of a cd, popcorn and chocolate, what a lovely man!] This Afternoon Graham and I went to add some stuff to our gift registry- which of course we have left to the last minute! and to try and find something for Graham to wear to the wedding. Things are moving pretty fast but its not as bad as I thought it would feel.


[the first week of November- Graham is fully into Mustache growing mode]


-lyrics for a song that I found this evening:

When you’re near, I hide my blushing face
And trip on my shoelaces
Grace just isn’t my forté
But it brings me to my knees when you say 

Hello, how are you, my darling today? 
I fall into a pile on the floor 
Puppy love is hard to ignore 
When every little thing you do, 
I do adore 

We’re as different as can be 
I’ve noticed you’re remarkably relaxed 
And I’m overly uptight 
We balance out each other nicely 

You wear sandals in the snow 
In mid-July I still feel cold 
We’re opposites in every way 
But I can’t resist it when you say

Hello, how are you, my darling today?