Wednesday, April 17, 2013

A jumbled up life

Life is wonderful, but sometimes its quite annoying how it gets in the way of lying on the bed for hours daydreaming, blogging, enjoying the cool mornings and the heat in the afternoons, of painting my nails on the tiles in our lounge, of baking, of reading books that I've promised to read over and over. 
It's the middle of Autumn. How did the beginning of this year go so quickly? Ah yes, it was sucked into the black hole of assignments and tests and work and cleaning. And this weekend Graham and I are in Cape Town- looking forward to cooler weather, the past few days have been lie-under-the-fan-on-the-tiles-as-soon-as-you-get-home kind of days.

   

Yesterday I made the most divine butternut, mushroom and bacon pasta- and it wasn't too rich (somehow that was due to the butternut) it was just perfect, of course graham moaned about the mushrooms. I would just like to take a moment to say, butternut dicing is an art. The cookbook so innocently said "1 Butternut, peeled and diced" like it had no idea how much work went into peeling and dicing the freaking thing. I must tell you though, I'm much better at it now than I was the first time I diced one (the last time I did it I had to hold it between my legs to try and keep it still while shoving the knife into it- this didn't work and it still ended up bouncing all over the kitchen). 

 

April goals... hmm, to finish the C.S Lewis book I started at the beginning of the year (no judgement) and to make lasagna, and to put our dining room table up (done), to buy an umbrella and to get on top of my Latin. Yours?

   

the husband is home, I must dash x

No comments:

Post a Comment