Monday, February 6, 2012

crumpet

Happy monday! I love hot days in summer [not because I particularly like the heat] because I love the hot summer nights where you can sit for hours on your balcony staring at the moon, pretending to be someone magical in some exciting novel containing ruby necklaces and white horses-moonlight can do extraordinary things.

A crumpet /ˈkrʌmpɨt/ is a savoury griddle cake made from flour and yeast.


Crumpets are generally eaten hot with butter, with or without a second (sweet or savoury) topping. Sometimes, second toppings are added such as honey, poached egg, jam, Marmite, salt, marmalade, peanut butter, cheese, golden syrup, hummus, lemon curd, maple syrup, and Nutella. The butter may be omitted, but a phrase very commonly associated with crumpets is "dripping with butter"



p.s.I am feeling much better [if you were wondering] I'm feeling good enough to have spent the larger part of my evening reading my philosophy textbook.

No comments:

Post a Comment