Monday, July 19, 2010

how do you feel about death?

My grandmother is dying. She has been for 6 years but she only has a few days left. In addition to the morbidness this news has brought upon our family it has brought too the reality of death. Everyone dies, we just live pretending we wont.


" You do not know what your life will be like tomorrow. You are just a vapour that appears for a little while and then vanishes away" James 4v14


Because I could not stop for Death,
He kindly stopped for me;
The carriage held but just ourselves
And Immortality.
We slowly drove, he knew no haste,
And I had put away
My labor, and my leisure too,
For his civility.

We passed the school, where children strove
At recess, in the ring;
We passed the fields of gazing grain,
We passed the setting sun.

Or rather, he passed us;
The dews grew quivering and chill,
For only gossamer my gown,
My tippet only tulle.

We paused before a house that seemed
A swelling of the ground;
The roof was scarcely visible,
The cornice but a mound.

Since then 'tis centuries, and yet each
Feels shorter than the day
I first surmised the horses' heads
Were toward eternity
.- Emily Dickinson


"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life" Romans 6v23


"Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?" 1 Corinthians 15v55
[i am not afraidof death]

No comments:

Post a Comment