Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Pictures of Houses

House Hunting is hard. I spend a few hours a day on Gumtree and then emailing people to arrange times to see the houses. Most times someone else sneakily rents the house before I can even get to look at it. Frustrating. So I occupy my need for a house (Not a superficial need as all our stuff is arriving tomorrow) by looking at pictures of beautiful houses.


“The ornament of a house is the friends who frequent it.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson


The Royal Family are not like you and me. They live in houses so big that you can walk round all day and never need to meet your spouse. The Queen and Prince Philip have never shared a bedroom in their lives. They don't even have breakfast together. -A. N. Wilson



“A house without books is like a room without windows.” ― Horace Mann


“Oh, I wish I lived in a caravan!’ said Jimmy longingly. ‘How lovely it must be to live in a house that has wheels and can go away down the lanes and through the towns, and stand still in fields at night!”― Enid Blyton, Mr Galliano's Circus


In news aside from finding houses, i've made dinner for two nights running! This is an incredible achievement, and Graham has enjoyed it both times (although he could just be throwing it out of the window whenever I'm not looking). Being able to cook feels amazing- I wonder why I ever doubted myself.